|The Pioneer Lodge is located in downtown Fort Benton, known as "The Birthplace of Montana." You can learn more about the history of Ft. Benton at http://www.fortbenton.com/about.htm.
Pioneer Lodge is situated across the street from the Missouri River, offering an unobstructed view of the levee and river, and offering glimpses of Montana wildlife coming to drink from the river, especially at dusk. We're located within walking distance of many of the town's most popular offerings:
Pioneer Lodge is the perfect gathering place for family vacations and reunions. Join us for the famous Summer Celebration at the end of June or our great Chouteau County Fair in August. We're the perfect host for your stay before and after your Missouri River Trip with one of our outfitters.
- Missouri River Outfitters
- Adventure Bound Canoe
- Upper Missouri River Guides
- Lewis and Clark Canoe Adventures
And we're pleased to accomodate you for a relaxing visit in our historic town. In addition to our most popular features, we can help you plan a two to four day stay, in which you can:
- View native birds and wildlife
- Play a round of golf at our premier 9-hole course
- Take a 2-4 hour canoe ride with one of our 5 local outfitters
- Take a 1-day trip to the White Cliffs
- Bike all over town and see the history still alive in our historical stores and businesses
- Take a cultural history tour of the county
- Visit a working ranch or grain farm
- Bowl a few games at Jack's Bar and Lanes
- Play darts at one of the local bars/taverns/saloons
- Fish along the Missouri River
- Walk across the Missouri on the walking bridge
- Play tennis, basketball, or horseshoes free in the park
- Leave your car parked for your entire stay
- Relax, relax, relax...
Fort Benton is centrally located on Highway 87 between Glacier and Yellowstone National Parks. It's about 40 miles from commercial airlines in Great Falls. Amtrak train service is available to Havre, 73 miles to the north. Small private planes are also able to land at our city airport.